There are moments in our life when we would like to boost our confidence…different reasons, you know yours.
Before we address any other issues pay attention at your posture. Your physical state sends signals to your mind – straight back, head up… You often can guess how the person feels just by looking at his posture.
Now next stage…What about your self talk? First of all please notice the language you use, the vocabulary.
If you tend to speak in absolutes, stop. The world is not black and white, so generalizations don’t help.
Phase out phrases like “I have no choice…” and “I can’t…” You can replace them with, “I choose not to…”, or “I don’t like my choices, but I will…” Realising and acknowledging that you always have a choice (even if the choices are not ideal) can help you to change your situation, or accept it more easily if it really is the best of all available options.
There are more methods to build balanced self – confidence, founded on a firm appreciation of reality, but it is not 5 minutes solution. The good news is that building self-confidence is ready achievable, just as long as you have focus and determination to carry things through.
Share This Post
- The Courage to Think and to Act. November 28 2016
- Mental Toughness in Sport and Life February 18 2014
- STRESS… You know how to handle it, a few more tips to empower you. May 10 2013
- Confidence. In case you need a boost… September 24 2013
- Deal with it, Get over and Get on! March 25 2013
- Don’t suffer from secondary stress August 30 2018
- How we are thriving to become a High Performing Team. August 28 2018
- How a Coaching Circle works as a leadership tool for high-performing teams. August 17 2018
- Sharpen your curiosity for more discoveries. July 9 2018
- Your Sacred Truth – Your Values April 10 2018
- coaching success life style empower resilience #awarenes #changes personal strengths stress management positive outlook values attitude stress new year's resolutions Life coaching Mental toughness #actions motivation love achievement perspective insight strategy coaching circle #awareness #alert #liveonce