We are going through the numerous changes in personal and professional life. We already believe that Change is the game today. The Greek philosopher Heraclitus commented on it 2500 years ago – “The only constant is Change“.
All changes are situational: a new house, a new boss, a new job, a new business, made redundant, retired, a new country. They are all external.
Transition is the psychological process, people go through to come to terms with the new situation. It is internal.
Unless the transition occurs, the change will not work. There can be a number of changes, but unless there are transitions, nothing will be different when the dust clears.
When we talk about the change, we naturally focus on the outcome that the change will produce. A situational change hinges on the new thing, but a psychological transition depends on letting go of the old reality and the old identity you had before the change took place.
The transition starts with the ending.
From Ending you are moving to Neutral Zone and then to New Beginning.
Coaching process can help you to move through those stages faster, realise all your strengths, reassess your skills, talents and adjust to the change in the best possible way. With the coaching process it is much easier to start a New Beginning.
If you are going through a difficult period, feeling that you are in the emotional wilderness or finding yourself anywhere at this graph above, call me on:
Share This Post
- The Courage to Think and to Act. November 28 2016
- Mental Toughness in Sport and Life February 18 2014
- STRESS… You know how to handle it, a few more tips to empower you. May 10 2013
- Confidence. In case you need a boost… September 24 2013
- Deal with it, Get over and Get on! March 25 2013
- Your Sacred Truth – Your Values April 10 2018
- Creating shift in depression with coaching February 19 2018
- The Power of Thank You in the feedback February 12 2018
- Acting NOW with your Coach as a Thinking Partner. January 2 2018
- Strategies for Christmas – if you love it, or dread it. December 7 2017