Now please take your own situation in mind and we’ll walk through 7 steps of the mental toughness strategy.
1. KNOW WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU WANT.
Who are you? The 1st rule of Mental Toughness is to develop a vision of self-image
Just name your purpose and priorities. This will solidify your ability to win the important part of your life and work.
Think about this young athlete Adelina how clear it is for her, the main role for this moment in her life is obviously solid.
2. PICTURE THE CHALLENGE IN DETAIL
How detailed is your vision?
To accomplish a major goal, create a 30-sec video in your head that starts doing exactly what you want to do. Set an alert to replay this mental video every day – 30 sec is neither here nor there.
How often do you think Adelina played the vision of her dancing programme?
3. BE A “FINISHER” ON A DAILY BASIS.
The difference between wanting to win and actually winning is accountability and follow through. Identify three smaller goals to finish every day that will help you achieve your larger end goal.
Adelina started to learn the dance routine from small chunks which were connected to that incredible final performance.
4. GO FOR YOUR PERSONAL BEST
Even in Olympics people establish their own personal best, sometimes without gaining medals, but that is still their victory.
5. DEVELOP UNWAVERING FOCUS.
This is fundamental for mental toughness.
Create and memorize scripts for key interactions to help you maintain focus. These scripts build confidence and reduce anxiety that gets in the way of performance.
Back to our Olympic example – in such young age the confidence in Adelina’s performance is incredible and you know what is behind it – hours and hours of working on each small detail.
6. STAY UPBEAT AND HOPEFUL
Nothing can beat the positive state of mind. Cultivate optimism, it will give you physical strength as well.
Can you imagine a figure skater performing well if she is in the bad mood or ready to lose?
7. DEVELOP UNCOMPROMISING DISCIPLINE
When you set your mind to do something, find a way to get it done, no matter what.
This quality is admirable in all athletes, and gold winners like Adelina has developed it to perfection.
The strategy has been tested and proved to be good for the winners.
Wishing you victory and success.
Share This Post
- The Courage to Think and to Act. November 28 2016
- Mental Toughness in Sport and Life February 18 2014
- STRESS… You know how to handle it, a few more tips to empower you. May 10 2013
- Confidence. In case you need a boost… September 24 2013
- Deal with it, Get over and Get on! March 25 2013
- Don’t suffer from secondary stress August 30 2018
- How we are thriving to become a High Performing Team. August 28 2018
- How a Coaching Circle works as a leadership tool for high-performing teams. August 17 2018
- Sharpen your curiosity for more discoveries. July 9 2018
- Your Sacred Truth – Your Values April 10 2018
- coaching success life style empower resilience #awarenes #changes personal strengths stress management positive outlook values attitude stress new year's resolutions Life coaching Mental toughness #actions motivation love achievement perspective insight strategy coaching circle #awareness #alert #liveonce