Day 14 of the Coaching Advent Calendar.
Would you feel liberated if you exercised any of the following:
7 STEPS FOR OVERCOMING EGO’S HOLD ON YOU.
1. STOP BEING OFFENDED
2. LET GO OF YOUR NEED TO WIN
3. LET GO OF YOUR NEED TO BE RIGHT
4. LET GO OF YOUR NEED TO BE SUPERIOR
5. LET GO OF YOUR NEED TO HAVE MORE
6. LET GO OF IDENTIFYING YOURSELF ON THE BASIS OF YOUR ACHIEVEMENTS
7. LET GO OF YOUR REPUTATION
Day 15 of the Coaching Advent Calendar.
“I don’t want to be at the mercy of my emotions. I want to use them, to enjoy them, and to dominate them.” – Oscar Wilde
What you can do:
Learn to recognize and anticipate “triggers” that set you off.
Think about how you will see your reaction in 3 years’ time. Will you be proud of yourself for walking away with your dignity intact or will you look back and remember falling apart? Choose now.
When you see your mood changing, leave from whatever is causing it and take several deep breaths, think about what was done or said to upset and figure out another way of dealing with it.
It’s important to continue acknowledging the emotion to be able to consider an alternative reaction compare to your usual one.
Show compassion to others when something goes wrong with someone else unexpectedly. Some people may just be having a bad day. Or you may have caught them at the wrong time.
Share This Post
- The Courage to Think and to Act. November 28 2016
- Mental Toughness in Sport and Life February 18 2014
- STRESS… You know how to handle it, a few more tips to empower you. May 10 2013
- Confidence. In case you need a boost… September 24 2013
- Deal with it, Get over and Get on! March 25 2013
- Creating shift in depression with coaching February 19 2018
- The Power of Thank You in the feedback February 12 2018
- Acting NOW with your Coach as a Thinking Partner. January 2 2018
- Strategies for Christmas – if you love it, or dread it. December 7 2017
- Use your powers to tame stress! November 22 2017